8.07.2009

Finally After 4 Years…

Something has begun to stir the wasteland that O’Charley’s once occupied on the Strip. A couple of weeks ago I noticed the semi-permanent realty sign had been replaced by that of a construction company with a 615 area code. A friend told me that she had heard a Nashville based company was opening a new restaurant location but I forgot the name. Since that time there has been ongoing progress as they remove debris, old equipment and I’m sure a bunch of dusty, useless furnishings left to rot when O’Chuck’s split town.

I phoned my friend to get the name and after minimal searching online I found their website and it appears this rumor is about to become reality. Tin Roof (they have a Knoxville tab that says they are under construction) is set to open their newest location right smack in the middle of Cumberland Avenue in Knoxville by September – an early timeline but hopefully they can get the job done. I’ve been wishing something good would move in that location for years and for the sake of my liver I hope they don’t disappoint.

From the information on their website it looks like we’re in for another casual, live music venue that will appeal to college students and young professionals. Their menu has all the staple bar foods even though they claim not to do the usual “bar food”. I think they mean to say they do it fresh and better, we’ll see. Some of the items look good and I’m interested in trying a deep-fried hot dog just because I haven’t heard of that one before and I need to expand my culinary horizons. The “Del Sol” and “Sunny” quesadillas sound good but everything else looks pretty standard. I will give them a chance, for sure. There wasn’t a bar/drink menu but if you look at the pictures on their site there is plenty of evidence showing they know how to serve up the booze and good times. I’m fired up and look forward to their success!

3 comments:

  1. Didn't JK work at the Nashvegas one for a while?

    skm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember, it could be true. Maybe if he poured a margarita over his head during his employment there I would remember it but I think that move was already taken.

    ReplyDelete