5.11.2012

Awww Schlitz

A couple of weeks ago I ran out of beer and had to go out for more. I made a quick trip to the Jackson Ave. Market for the first time and bought a six-pack of Schlitz. See, I’ve been on a light beer kick lately, going so far as to have standard domestics such as Miller Lite, Coors and even trying Bud Light Platinum (don’t judge me!). This was the perfect opportunity to try their original 1960s recipe that has been out a couple of years. It definitely has more taste and flavor than most domestics I’m used to and I’ve since bought it a few more times. Hell, I may even check on keg availability if I ever get my kegerator up and running.



I’m not sure why it took so long to give it a try. I believe LVL jumped on it right as the re-launch happened but I don’t remember trying it. I did have a taste last fall while on a trip to Milwaukee on a visit to the Pabst brewery. The manager sold me on the details – exact gas mixture, pressure, glassware, serving temperature – it was good. I had a couple but forgot about it as soon as I left and hit Mo’s Irish Pub. Eight months later and I can’t get enough, go figure.




1 comment:

  1. your taste in beer make me wonder why anyone would continue to read this blog. change the name to stinking knoxville cause you stink at this, brodude.

    ReplyDelete