10.20.2009

Brewers Jam - SOLD OUT

As the title says, the 2009 Brewers Jam has sold out of tickets. For those of you who were planning to go but did not get your tickets in time I don’t know if you have any options. I have mixed feelings about the sellout. On one hand I’m happy they reached their goal of ticket sales and the fact that beer lines will be shorter, move faster, etc. On the other hand I was hoping the event would expand rather than contract, sort of the “more the merrier” argument, but the brewers and promoters didn’t want this and obviously have it their way. I can understand the arguments about crowd control and limiting alcohol consumption – it is a beer “tasting” not drinking competition (a la Beerfest) but why not spread out to both lawns at World’s Fair Park to have more room and monitor the beer distribution the same as always? A 4-ounce tasting glass only goes so far you know. There is probably a good reason that I'm not in charge of events like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment