6.08.2010

Sign of the Times

“Icing”. It sounds cool but it isn’t. This isn’t cake decorating or a hockey foul. I’m talking about Smirnoff Ice, so that should be enough to let you know something is seriously wrong. A phenomenon is growing across the country and it may have already infected citizens in our own town – LVL has shown symptoms that cause concern for my own well being. I’d heard about icing before but it wasn’t until a couple of weeks ago when the guys at Kissing Suzy Kolber gave us a big taste of what this has become. (Go ahead and read it, I’ll wait)


Yeah, I think Darnell has the right idea, but not everyone is a huge NFL player that can knock the hell out of anybody trying to front an Ice. So here are the rules of engagement, straight from the dedicated Icing website: Bros Icing Bros. (Yes, there is an official website.) Go out in public at your own risk. My strategy is to avoid all frat parties, strip mall bars and anywhere else Smirnoff products are served. You’ve been warned.

7 comments:

  1. It has been suggested that this whole retarded thing is actually just an underground marketing scheme by smirnoff.

    Makes sense. The douchebags at their ad agency probably came from Long Island and went to state schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To quote a great American: No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

    BS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, I know that quote. What is it from? -M

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same great American said "watch your cornhole."

    HL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't mind getting iced with a Smirnoff Ice Wild Grape, but then I'm neither a bro nor a brah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes - this crap has reared its head here in Galveston, Texas as well. it must be stopped.

    ReplyDelete