9.23.2010

Reader Response

Occasionally we have readers send an email to comment on the blog, and for that we are thankful. It doesn’t happen often but when it does they usually fall in two categories: local events or spam. We try to respond to all emails unless they're obviously a nasty spam attack, and sometimes we add their content on the blog. Here are a few samples:

Don’t Drink and Race

Atlas sends this link about Greeneville, TN NHRA driver Allen Johnson’s failure to launch. It’s another example of celebrity athletes living the rock ‘n roll lifestyle. Seriously though, a .027 the morning after is quite impressive.

Killer New Bar? (from March 2010)

Hey Drinker! Have you seen the new restaurant and bar next to nama on kingston pike? They have real absinthe, they light it on fire, they have crazy bar lights that are so cool and they play some real fun music. I was there on Friday and thought you guys would dig it.

I still haven’t seen or been to this place so I don’t know what this reader is talking about. The one that comes to mind is Chez Liberty but I’m not sure. During these difficult economic times I’ve had a hard time exploring new bars and restaurants to the point where I feel like I’ve fallen way behind on the local drinking scene. This depresses me since I love sousing myself in a variety of locations but it also affects blog content, thus the lack of posts lately. As for absinthe, whew, that stuff lights me up. The last experiment we had with it caused me to turn beet red and I thought I would spontaneously combust. I may try it again sometime but in much smaller quantities. If anyone knows about Chez Liberty I'd like to know more, hopefully I can visit sometime soon.

Shameless Plug

I'd appreciate if you can give me some feedback on our site. I realize that you are a barstools connoisseur :) I'd like to hear your opinion/feedback on our bar stools.

I took a look at the bar stools and I'm pretty sure I could have a drink or 5 in all of them, even the curvy, fancy ones.

Phlebotomist

Hi, I find your blog to be absolutely hilarious. I appreciate how informative it is. I just had a cool infographic on visualizing alcohol use made for my new site phlebotomist.net. You can check it out here: http://www.phlebotomist.net/visualizing-alcohol-use.

This falls into the WTF category. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. "I fully support the NHRA’s zero tolerance policy, and...eh...z...."

    Definitely a wiser choice than "What the fuck happened last night?"

    ReplyDelete