8.02.2012

Football is Near

The first Pre-Season NFL game is this Sunday night at 8p.m.  It's the annual Hall of Fame game featuring the Arizona Cardinals at the New Orleans Saints.  Rooster’s will be having $14 Miller Lite buckets and as always the best wings and pizza in town (their words, not mine).
The game will be aired on the NFL Network so don't look for it on ESPN or the networks. I have yet to upgrade my cable sports package therefore I will be watching a bar. There seems to be quite a few Saints fans in Knoxville but I dare you to find a single Cardinals fan - I may be the only one in town. The Bird has a lone UT Volunteer on their roster, NT Dan Williams. The Saints double that with two, Turk McBride and Jabari Greer.
We all know the preseason is crap but it is a welcome reminder that the real thing isn't too far away. Who do I tell that I'm ready for some football now that Hank Jr. is gone?

6 comments:

  1. Speaking of football, I think Penn State may get in some trouble over this whole Sandusky deal.

    HL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, probably just a slap on the wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starting QB Kolb had a rough start: first pass was an interception, 2nd series went three and out, third series he left with a bruised chest muscle after 1 completion for four yards. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, you met another bird fan on this very excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This had already been written when I met that guy from AZ. BC. -M

    ReplyDelete
  6. He probably knows the fight song and everything.

    HL

    ReplyDelete