1.18.2009

We Gon Drank


NFL Conference Championship games are on tap for today, and we all gon drank. On this next to last Sunday of relevant professional football, what the hell else do you think we’re going to do? I think this is the best playoff round in football, even better than the Super Bowl. Why? You’re down to 4 teams fighting to make it to the finale. It’s all or nothing. Two games will produce 2 winners and 2 losers – double the emotion! Plus you don’t have all the build-up and fluff media coverage like the Super Bowl, just some awesome football.

First up at 3 o’clock is the NFC game featuring the AZ Cardinals hosting the PHI Eagles. Don’t ask me why they schedule a west coast team to play the first game. I guess they expect the AFC game to get better ratings in prime time at 6:30 when Pittsburgh hosts Baltimore. Whatever, anyone who has read DK recently knows that my rooting interest will be for The Bird (aka Cardinals) to kick the shit out of Filthadelphia. I suppose I will pull for the Steelers in the 2nd game.

No game predictions today, I’m going to concentrate on drinking and getting things ready for a house full of drunks. Enjoy the football while it lasts, and during the fortnight between now and the Super Bowl might I suggest taking in the Australian Open on ESPN2. Tennis anyone? No? Okay.

3 comments: