4.06.2009

Monday Hangover

Lots of food and drink this past weekend - good times, good times, I say. We didn’t waste any time getting started last Friday; Lord von Lord, Tag Berauscht, his frauline and I met for drinks around 6 pm and ended up having quite a dinner feast by the time things were said and done. Of course we drank plenty at dinner and continued afterward. Tag had replenished his basement keg with fresh IPA so we were slamming those as fast as possible, enough to the point of refilling two pitchers at a time, thus saving twice the number of trips downstairs. OSHA would be proud. The beer flowed like wine…

Saturday I enjoyed the morning with some early exercise, good weather and ran some errands before taking a well deserved nap. It was just past 3:00 pm when I got the call about “Lard in the Yard”, which pissed me off. For those of you who don’t know about LITY, let me briefly describe it as a full-on culinary ATTACK of grilled meats, side dishes, and desserts compounded by excessive drinking, hosted by our friend and his wife in their back yard. The reason I was pissed off is because I had no advance warning this was going to happen and didn’t have time to prepare my body for the amount of abuse about to ensue. Nevertheless I agreed to meet them and it went well as usual.

We had shrimp brochette, fish, huge steaks, baked potatoes, vegetables, garlic bread and some other stuff I’ve forgotten. For drinks we had the usual hat trick of beer, bourbon and wine, and there were cookies for dessert. All that took a while to prepare (while we drank) and we finally sat down to eat around 10 PM. We didn’t actually eat in the yard per tradition since it was too dark by then, but we enjoyed the weather on their patio just the same. As you can imagine after eating all that food we were just bouncing off the ceiling with energy, so we put in a DVD and waited until the first person passed out so we could strategically excuse ourselves one by one. Plus the cats were restless at that point and I didn’t feel like sleeping with those dangerous bastards waiting to pounce.

Sunday our group of drunkards didn’t get together at all. I think everyone was resting and bracing for the shitty weather that has arrived. Great, colder temperatures and rain, you know what that means…




...




...





...




Rain Droats!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment