9.14.2009

Monday Hangover

Pretty good weekend from what I can remember. Let’s see, a relatively easy-going Friday night, had some drinks at the brewery and Soccer Taco late to end the night. Saturday was the Vols game vs. UCLA and we all know how that went. We started the day strong front loading and having food at The Hill before everyone met up at my Urban Bunker for lots more beer (R.I.P. beautiful IPA keg) and booze, Patron to be precise. I should know better than to shoot too much of that prior to kickoff – shit makes me all woozy and sleepy and that just doesn’t cut it on game day. With the disappointment of a close loss we had a letdown of enthusiasm but managed to drink our way through it anyway.

NFL football on Sunday made things better. Even though I didn’t have a keg full of beer there was plenty of vodka to nurse me through the 10+ hours of football viewing. Awesome. And there are 2 Monday Night Football games tonight, so that’s nice. I’m not even too disappointed that my team, The Bird lost its opener to the lowly SF 49ers because nobody suffered a worse loss than the Bengals weird finish. Those poor bastards just have the worst luck in the entire league, so better luck next time. Ok, I’ve got some Kraut-beer sitting cold in my fridge, so call me Doug ‘cause I’m outta here.

(Soccer Taco, big ass beer)

4 comments:

  1. Your remember back in the day when the Bengals was good and shit? Back when it use to snow.

    SKM

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are talking about the Icky Shuffle you can go bite a turd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naw man, I remember, that shit was cold. What ever happened to dem Bangles?

    And people wondered why the Mrs. Winners on the strip closed. Not that I miss that shithole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life takes a turn when you hang with the Dirty Rat!

    SKM

    ReplyDelete