9.29.2009

Wine on the Water


This Friday I plan to attend my very first Wine on the Water fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis at Volunteer Landing. Drinking for charity? Sign me up. I’m looking forward to good wine, food and hopefully nice weather during this early fall season. $50 - $60 gets you access to vendors from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. and there will be live music performed by the Vibraslaps (also performing later that night at Preservation Pub). The price seems a bit steep but I believe it will be worthwhile. Obviously the money is going to charity and I think I can eat and drink enough in three hours to justify the expense. I heard they had a “gin tent” last year so I’m sure there will be a variety of adult beverages to sample besides wine. Details about tickets, parking, tasting stations, etc. can be found at the official website.

2 comments: