12.12.2008

Alcohol as Medicine

"I dug her rap"--Jive Man #2

Ah, the joys of whiskey season are mitigated somewhat by the doldrums. Even the stoutest of constitutions can be laid low by the winter cold. Usually, I would recommend chugging Nyquil or Robo until the storm passes. Some of the backwoods folks and those who are generally superstitious of modern medicine disagree with this tactic. Whatever.

These are the same folksy homemaker types that while the hours away watching Martha Stewart's merde on the various cable outlets, or worse still, Oprah of all people. Rather than lay down cash for a proven cold-killer with hallucinogenic side effects they would have you consume a nasty concoction of tree bark, herbs, and cat crap in order to get well.

First, cram it with walnuts Moonbeam. I believe in science and modern medicine. Second, even if I was willing to forgo the abyss of Nyquil's blue-green solution, I could find better home remedies. So, that leads us to the Hot Toddy(or Totty, if you live in Dickensian times).


Oh look, how fucking cute. How fucking avant garde while posing as traditional. I was going to actually post some recipes for this...thing, but after getting enraged by merely looking at the picture with Lemon Pac Man and what appears to be cinnamon, I've opted to go in another direction. Spare yourself the timely method of comparing the relative benefits of cinnamon or honey, tea or cider, brandy or other liqueur.


Instead, just give a big fuck you to all that mess and drink straight bourbon.



But, LVL, you say...the medical community discourages alcohol due to dehydration...not to mention the hardship it causes to the general physic ....blah blah...zzzzzz.

Fuck them in the ear. Drink your way through it, twat.

2 comments:

  1. I don't need a computer full of cat crap to tell me how to do that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gargling with Makers hasn't let me down since the Compound days.

    ReplyDelete