6.19.2009

Mixed Bag - New Shit

Hey fellow drunks, notice anything different here? I know that most (all 4) of you may be amazed to see change and progress from a boozing bunch of assholes, yet here we are. Check out the new, kick-ass header and mother-effin’ shield! That’s right, yeah. Admittedly this never would have happened without outside intervention from folks with viable skills and shit, but thanks to our Nashville-based and former Knox-villain buddy we have some new graphics.



Mr. Owl says “Oooo Oooo” to everybody.


We’re not the only refurbished show in town. The Hilton has a sleek, new paint job that looks great. I noticed the update a couple of weeks ago and took this photo:



I like the new look and think it stands apart from the other drab buildings on that block. I feel compelled to drink at the hotel bar, The Orange Martini, just for an opportunity to go in the hotel and let them know that people have noticed. That is also a low priority goal of mine, to drink in more hotel lounges downtown. I’ll see how that goes and will provide updates if it actually occurs.

Music

The Wailers performed last night at Sundown in the City and played the complete album “Exodus”. It was totally packed, more than I can remember seeing down there in a very long time. I walked through and listened just for a minute and they sounded great. This is the one show I should have planned to attend but I had pressing business at the bar and couldn’t spare an extra minute to enjoy the music.

Lt. Rocka hasn’t given us an update in a while so I’ll have to check with him to see what’s up. The Black Crowes are scheduled to play in September; I haven’t seen them in concert for at least 5 years now and don’t know if I’ll make an attempt to see them this time or not, but I would like to go if I can find another relic like myself to see my former favorite band.

Looking ahead

World’s Fair Park has been in the news as a potential site for a brand spanking new library, guess that is a perfect fit since all the homeless folks hang out there anyway, should make an easy commute from the bum table across the lawn to free air conditioning and computer access. Great.

Wimbledon – The Championships. The most prestigious tennis tournament in the world starts Monday and I am fired the fuck up. I hope to watch it on TV as much as possible and will listen online when I am at work. Check the scores, news and listen here.

8 comments:

  1. You need to be cool man. Mr. Owl is alright.

    Props to the new swanky decor...he did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wimbledon? Are you serious? It is the US Open this weekend!

    If I had known it was gonna be that kind of party I would have stuck my d!ck in the mashed potatoes.

    BS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very snazzy new graphics. You guys almost seem legitimate now. You know, except that we all know better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bugger off! to both anonymouseses. Just kiddin' but really, be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About Wimbledon: One of your writer-contributors, and I'm not saying which one, once broke loose from a high school group that was on a London trip that was heading out to tour Oxford for the day (boring) and instead, took a train to Wimbledon just to take a picture of center court and bring me a souvenir. I was profoundly touched. Needless to say, I'm a huge Wimbledon fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet I know which writer you're talking about - and I'm playing hooky to watch W right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When see from the interstate the new paint on the Hilton looks like a pilsner glass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are those invasion stripes on the Hilton?

    ReplyDelete