6.08.2009

Monday Hangover – H2O

Good weekend, very good weekend. Lots of drinking of course, and lots of time on the water. Some of the authors spent Saturday afternoon helping our married friends Atlas and MC break in their pool and work on the deck. By “break in their pool” I mean we drank a bunch of beer in the water, and by “work on the deck” I mean we drank a bunch of beer in the water. Not to mention the Maker’s Mark and frozen drinks that followed. I went expecting to stay only a few hours and hit the bars later that night, but after becoming intoxicated and over-stuffed at dinner I never made it past my bed. Oh well.

Sunday was a glorious return to the lake for the first time this year. I awoke in plenty of time to watch Roger Federer win the French Open final and cement his place amongst the legends of the game and perhaps the GOAT title.
A curious early call from Lord von Lord initially pissed me off because it was right in the middle of the friggin match, but I was glad to be reminded of the late night text message we’d received inviting us to the lake for our friend’s birthday. Barely out of my foggy, hung over morning I prepared my gear and hit the road. There must have been 15-20 drunks on the party barge and we had plenty of party liquor to consume: Jagermeister, Rumplemintz, 151 and Maker’s Mark to name only a few. Beer was abundant, and someone brought a lake-ready pong table like the one Scarlett mentioned last year:


I wanted to play but was denied due to a marathon 2.5 hour game that found me too drunk to care at that point. Luckily there was more booze to sate my thirst and it was almost time to leave anyway. I thought I’d be up for some late night buffoonery but once again I never made it past my bed. Maybe I’m getting too old for this shit.

1 comment: