11.04.2009

Dry Keg

I love my kegerator. The only way it could be better is if it were magical and refilled itself. It would also be nice if it cleaned itself too but that’s just being unrealistic. As things go my keg is currently empty and the lines need to be cleaned, so I have some tasks to do. Refilling is easy, the cleaning requires a bit more labor. In the mean time I have taken the opportunity to try a few craft beers.
I’ve sampled the Stone IPA more than a few times and love it as a substitute for my usual Woodruff IPA. The Lobster Lovers was new to me and strong, coming in at 9.5%. I had this the other night after a few pints downtown and woke up on my meast-like couch in the early morning wondering what the hell happened. Like a lot of high alcohol beers I’ve tried, the taste can be overpowering if not outright bad. I really didn’t care for the flavor but that didn’t stop me from drinking every drop of it. However, I would not recommend this beer. Perhaps that’s why the Werewolf is still sitting in my fridge. I’m not afraid to try it but I’m not in a hurry to chug it down either. Time to pony up for a new keg and get busy cleaning my kegerator.

2 comments:

  1. A new light, strawberry beer. We call it She-Wolf. It's okay.

    The Eye of the Jew

    ReplyDelete