1.19.2011

Beer at the Movies – Just Like Amsterdam?

And I don’t mean no paper cup, I’m talking about a glass of beer.

Well, I guess we’ll have to see about that. The Bottom Line blog at KNS is reporting that Regal Cinemas is seeking a beer permit for their Downtown West Cinema 8 location in west Knoxville. You may know it as that artsy-fartsy movie theater that shows all the foreign films you never see. I know it as the place where I double-dated in college at the feature of The Big Lebowski. My friend is still married to his college sweetheart and has a lovely family with 3 children. Apparently my date didn’t go so well. Anyway, there is a chance you can order a beer next time you go see that documentary on global cooling, or perhaps the Academy Award nomination for best foreign film. And try not to drown your french fries in mayonnaise either.

8 comments:

  1. The Terrace Tap House salutes this action. Beer during a film used to be de riguer there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are foreign films so foreign?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYl4kGLQs28

    HL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, didn't expect a Bud Dry ad there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/679770/

    SKM

    ReplyDelete
  5. SKM - why am I not surprised? You're a regular Staubach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It passed, so there you have it. And there it is. -M

    ReplyDelete
  7. While this is fantastic news, I wish they'd close this theater's doors and move somewhere where the artsy aspect makes more sense. And while they're at it, they should plan for the interior to be fancy pants like the films shown. Downtown west is so very outdated and in such a terrible place. :(

    ReplyDelete