1.24.2011

Sidestreet Tavern Gone Too?

Noooooooo. Say it ain’t so. This weekend I heard a rumor that yet another local bar had to close their doors. Just a couple of weeks after the bigger stories of Regas and S & W Grand ceasing operations (not to mention Arby’s) it appears Sidestreet Tavern is among the list of restaurant/bar casualties. I haven’t called or done any real investigating of course, though I did drive by late Saturday afternoon and no one was there, so that’s almost like research. If it turns out to be true I am going to miss them. It was my 2nd favorite smoky bar in town behind Preservation Pub, making it a favorite place to go with friends who smoke. They also had a decent menu, friendly staff, good happy hour and specials, and weren’t too far from home. Admittedly I did not frequent any of the three aforementioned bars/restaurants enough to be considered a regular, so I’m not going to cry tears in my beer over their loss, though I will miss Sidestreet most. At least they were WYSIWYG vs. PC BS.

If anyone out there has some information about Sidestreet Tavern to share, please feel free to leave a comment.


Sidestreet Tavern Knoxville
(Image from Knoxville520, via Google)

2 comments:

  1. We're both in America, which used to be a good country, until they started lettin' people like you do whatever you want.

    -Carl Brutananadilewski

    Seriously, this lousy news. I don't know what this country is coming to. Great bar to lose if true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More victims of this foul Oconomy.

    HL

    ReplyDelete