11.26.2008

Deep Fried TND

A time honored tradition amongst our group occurred last evening, and for the 2nd straight year it coincided with our weekly homage to boozing during the week. Combine a fried food feast with Tuesday Night Drinks and you get Deep Fried TND! It was a smaller group this year but we managed to have a pretty good time and consumed way too much cholesterol and booze.

Our hosts were able to contain their 3 jungle cats long enough for us to set up the bar and fryer. We took care of the rest. Drinks: Maker’s Mark, Booker’s, 2 bottles red wine, brown ale, IPA, Coors Original. Fried foods: turkey breast & thighs, okra, hush puppies, spinach fritters, fish & chips. Additional foods: deviled eggs, slaw, and baked cookies.

Hangovers that follow nights like this aren’t as bad as you might think. Mainly because alcohol isn’t the main problem your body has to deal with, it’s the grease coursing through your veins and clogging up everything. A bigger issue I have to deal with today is holiday traffic. Damn, I already hate making the long drive across state, but holiday drivers make it so much more damn miserable. So wish me luck, I have two days of sober family time that may kill me. Shit, I still have to pack. Plus I really need to find my flask before I hit the road…

No comments:

Post a Comment