11.17.2008

Is it Monday Already?

Man, one thing I didn’t account for when starting this little blogging experiment is time management. It seems like most of my free time is spent either drinking or recovering from drinking. In between I manage to sleep (some) and work (too much), then the cycle repeats. It kinda makes it difficult to keep track of all the “blog worthy” crap our group comes up with, and honestly I’ve had to make up 60-75% of the posts here to compensate for my alcohol-soaked, memory challenged brain.

(my brain)

The hangover isn’t too bad this Monday. First let me update the Friday Predictions: not a damn one came true, except for the Vols non-loss because we all know they didn’t play. I take solace knowing I still have some whiskey at home. Saturday night was a good, easy-going time downtown with Lord von Lord and a surprise session with King Randall and his queen. We had some beer and only did a small number of shots/shooters compared to the usual all out assault on our livers. There was an awesome, smooth jazz band at the brewery too, probably one of the best bands I’ve seen there this year. Sunday was mostly uneventful, though I did get into a verbal confrontation with some of the Buddy’s walk-for-the-cure folks, who think just because they’re doing something for a special cause they can illegally park wherever the hell they want. Yes - I think it’s great to help others and support charities. NO - you can’t block my driveway/street with your SUV and leave it unattended. Move your ass!! I finished up the weekend at Sidestreet Tavern by having a few $2 beers and watching football with LVL.




Monday Night Football is the plan tonight: Browns vs. Bills = lots of beer and bourbon. That should get the week started in the right direction. Tomorrow the Skybox at the Sunsphere is hosting a Young Alumni function during happy hour from 5:30 – 7:30 that I’m considering attending. I’d like to see how many people actually show up and if there is enough room for everybody. I’ll let you know how things go…or I may fabricate something and just put it out there and see if it flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment