2.02.2009

A Good Run

Beer beer beer. Ham ham ham ham ham hamham ham. Beer beer beer. Hambeerham, ham ham, beer beer beer ham beer ham beer beer.


That pretty much sums up my Super Bowl experience yesterday. It was such a good game, even with The Bird unable to complete the miracle run for the title. I guess all good things DO come to an end, be it your favorite team’s season or just the football season as a whole. Our drunken group does know how to make the most of the occasion though, and we made damn sure we had enough booze and food for about 100 people. I consumed at least 10,000 calories throughout the day, thanks to the excess of food and beer on hand. A serious “thanks” to all of you who brought the awesome food – that was one of the best Super Bowl feasts I’ve ever been a part of. The wine and party liquor also helped tremendously.

Talk about a loud bunch of arse-holes, I am totally surprised my neighbors didn’t complain about the noise. I wanted to complain about the noise! I guess that’s what happens when you have 5 former Prick of the Year winners in the same room all shouting over each other and the TV trying to see who can be more prickish. So I must apologize for the missed phone calls from out-of-town/state friends, who I’m certain were calling to wish my team well in the big game. I’ll catch up with you guys soon during the void-of-worthwhile-sports time period between now and next football season.

A final note to those readers who know us: your 2008 Prick of the Year is King Randall the Insufferable. This should not be surprising to any of you. Congratulations prick!

5 comments:

  1. King Randall, eh? No surprise there. Congratulations to POY are in order indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't expect any arguments in his defense. A very deserving winner for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't take issue with the amount of beer you appear to have consumed, based on your introduction, but who eats that much ham?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobody should eat that much ham in one day, ever! But it was a Honey Baked Ham and so damn good I couldn't control myself. Plus we made sandwiches last night for dinner and there is still some left.

    ReplyDelete