9.24.2010

Drunken Jukebox 4 - The Streets

In what may (or may not) become a regular DK feature, behold the Drunken Jukebox: Music to Motivate Your Liver. A little bit country, a little bit rock ‘n roll, punk, rap and pop crap, old or new– all musical genres and periods are open for exploitation. Quarters and crisp dollar bills not required.

For this installment of DJB we travel across the Atlantic to Birmingham, England for the sound of The Streets, aka Mike Skinner. Some of you may remember the 2004 semi-successful song Fit But You Know It, but I assume that most of you will not. The Streets didn’t make it big in the US but the unique style of “mockney English” resonated with me enough that I paid attention to them for a while, which leads us to this video. The song doesn’t really fit the Knoxville scene, if there is such a thing, but I’m sure a lot people I know and perhaps some readers will relate to the sentiment of their lyrics or at least the personal habits depicted in the video*. I apologize for the horrible and awful quality of the video – I searched YouTube at least 3-4 times for something better before I gave up. So here it is, Irony of it All by The Streets.

But first a brief promotional advert.



Now back to the program...

No comments:

Post a Comment