10.17.2008

Friday Thoughts

Got a few things on the horizon for the weekend, but first I’d like to acknowledge the fellow drunk ahead of me in line at the Pilot this morning who was purchasing a 24 oz Icehouse. I appreciate your early morning commitment to drinking, even if it is a shitty beer. Not sure if he was coming from or going to work, but an 8:00 am beer sounds good either way.


I’m debating whether I should attend a party later tonight. There really shouldn’t be any question since it has an OPEN BAR which we all know means FREE BOOZE. The down sides are that it is a corporate-type, work related party where people don’t know me as the drunk I really am, and that it is an early Halloween party and costumes are encouraged. Fuck! I don’t think I could look my liver in the eye if I didn’t take advantage of this situation, so I’ll probably go. There’s no way I’ll dress in costume since I haven’t given it a thought this year. I just have to decide if I want to bring along a drinking pal to take advantage of the gratis hooch, we’ll see.

MSU comes to town to play the Vols on Saturday and with that comes the chance we’ll get “Croomed”, which will put an end to questions about our future coaching situation. With our current mess of a program I don’t even care much about the game this weekend. However I do have some friends visiting from out of town that are MSU alumni and look forward to seeing them since it’s been a while since we’ve hung around and drank. These guys are from Mississippi and love to drink beer, smoke cigarettes, curse and talk shit. And they drink bourbon too. They’re good at what they do, even if it is in support of the lowly Bulldogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment