10.01.2008

More Brew Preview

OK sorry I missed yesterday, but it wasn’t the first time and it won’t be the last, after all we are drunks. Anywise here is more brewery previews for this years Knoxville Brewers Jam.


This is a must hit for me. I couldn’t wait to do this preview first; because it is not one everybody around here knows about, and not one the local distributors has been cramming down our throats for years. I wish this was more available around here, but we usually have to travel to get it. Second; God Damn It’s Good. This is an older micro brewery, as far as the micro brewery trend in this country goes. It was started in 1988 as just a brewpub in Fort Bragg, CA. One reason you may not have heard of it much. I could go on about their awards and crap, but the key word there is crap, awards mean nothing if it doesn’t taste good, and this shit does. I have been raving about Their Old Rasputin Imperial Stout for years. It may not be at the KBJ, because 9% imperial stouts don’t always go with these types of events, but this is one beer that should have Imperial in its name, and after tasting their other selections you’ll go searching for Old Rasputin. Two beers that will probably be there and are a must try are their Red Seal Ale, a copper-red colored pale ale, and their Scrimshaw Pilsner. Try them and anything else they bring. You may find me in their line most of the day.
Next:
This had to be done, because of their new flood of our market. Fat Tire is coming Fat Tire is coming! Is all I heard for weeks, I swear somebody even ran down the middle of Gay St. proclaiming this. I have other problems with this beer that I won’t bother you with, but the one big one is this isn’t that good of a beer, and no way near the best they produce. The problem is this was one of their first beers, and one they have created quite a marketing brand for, so it’s ok if you’ve been sucked in; it’s not your fault. At least you have been introduced to a good brewery, just not their best stuff. It’s like Ford having a Cobra in the show room but only letting you buy the Escape. Go try their Tripple, or their Blue Paddle Pilsner, even the 1554 or the Abbey is good. Just stop coming to me like the Fat Tire changed your life and other beers will never do.

2 comments:

  1. Way to out Mackey on that Gay Street incident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wha? Listen, I won't take your guff even if I don't know what you're talking about!

    ReplyDelete