5.30.2008

Löwenbräu

In only the 2nd of many product reviews we intend to bring you, may I present: Löwenbräu. Yes, that Löwenbräu. Imported Bavarian beer. Beer your parents drank. This beer is the surprise hit of 2008 with our bunch of sots. Just like that old friend who you haven’t seen or heard from in forever that shows up and rocks the house and makes you wonder how you ever drifted apart, this is that beer-friend. Willkommen zu Hause!! Several weeks ago while sitting at the bar with Lord von Lord I ordered one on impulse and I’m glad I did. Soon enough we were both drinking them down and recalling the nostalgic jingle and recreating unknown scenes of the 1970’s as our elders tippled this fine brew. Just this past weekend we met at the bar and ordered ‘em up aplenty. We had a blast as always and of course were obnoxious to boot. (sings) “Here’s to good friends Tonight is something special…”

On with the review; first their’s from the official website:

When trying to impress a beautiful Fraulein, order her a Löwenbräu. Once it arrives at the table, lean in close and say: Did you know…Löwenbräu is a traditional Munich-style beer that’s exclusively imported from the Löwenbräu brewery in Munich. Löwenbräu Original Lager beer is made from the highest quality ingredients giving it a superb natural head, golden color, distinctive, refreshing flavor and a pleasant, enjoyable aftertaste. Brewed according to the Bavarian “Reinheitsgebot” (Purity Law) dating back to 1516.

Yes, a very professional, accurate description. They even use sexual motivation as an incentive to learn more about their fine beer just like we do!

Now my review:
I agree. What can I say better than they do? It is natural, golden, distinctive, refreshing flavor with a pleasant, enjoyable aftertaste. Okay it also:

  • Goes well with shots (even Jagermeister)
  • Tastes better than any domestic macro brew
  • Goes with whatever you’ve been drinking all day and night to keep the good times rolling
  • May even impress an American girl, but I doubt it
  • Did I mention the catchy jingle?
I encourage all of you to go out and drink this fine-ass beer this weekend, especially if you haven't tried it before. But I warn you, once that damn jingle gets in your mind it is impossible to ignore. And why would you ignore it? Tonight is something special. The beer you'll pour must be something more. So tonight, let it be Löwenbräu!

4 comments:

  1. Word.

    Couple of their old commercials. The first is from 1979, and it appears some lucky bastages are getting served some Lowenbrau in their office. Sweet!

    Second one is from 1984 and is fucking absurd. I also think that's Shonuff in there.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJMwMqTIkfo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG3og36HaXU&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those while "researching" earlier. That guy takes it strong to the basket. Damn I'm thirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me first say, I’m usually not up for trying anything new when it comes to beer. I stick with one boring maybe.... but I know I’ll always be satisfied.
    But after reading your review on this Munich beer I bought some. Took one drink and literally two words came to mind “Goat” and “Piss". Put together they describe this beer perfectly.

    At first I thought maybe it was the food I’d eaten just before giving it the foul after taste so I took a few more drinks.I’ll admit the taste became easier to handle after each sip. However, I don’t think I’ll ever choose this one again.
    For me beer should go down easy and have no after taste…. just after thoughts like “damn I want to go to the Rockies.” They should have saved the money advertising this one....

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me beer should go down easy and have no after taste…

    I think you answered the problem yourself. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete