5.29.2009

From the "Holy Fucking Shit" Files

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you this thing:



Behold: The Silver God

I am grateful and disturbed that someone actually had the foresight during the 70's, 80's, or 90's to take a picture of Knoxville's most horrifying shitter this side of Neyland Stadium. This...thing, resided in the gentlemen's lavatory at the now defunct The Last Lap. We've blogged on the nostalgic bygones from Cumberland Avenue's glory days, but this majestic piece of photography brings a smile to my face and a powerful desire to drink leaded Budweiser.

Sometimes less is more, and I don't feel my standard need to be garrulous here. Those of us that remember this seemingly indestructible piece of Knoxville history really do not need my bullshit perspective to reminisce.

Let's just say that it doesn't matter if the film was in color or black and white, the powerful energies emanating from The Silver God would have made it look as it did during my foggiest memories. Secondly, the amount of piss in the bowl was always less than the urine puddled in the corner, which is not surprising when you consider that just off camera to the left is the trough which made for uncomfortably close quarters(think U-Boats).

I can remember only one time ever seeing anyone sit on the damn thing. I presume that person is deceased now. Fucking bacteria and voodoo have seen to that.

2 comments:

  1. Made you run to the bell after "the scampi incident"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I saw a couple of poor, drunk bastards sitting on that thing from time to time with a dozen guys pissing all around the place. Luckily I never had it that bad at the Lap.

    ReplyDelete