8.07.2008

Drinking Nostalgic

You know what I haven't done in a really long time? Power Hour. In fact, it's been too damn long. I'm bringing Power Hour (and also, sexy) back.

I'm predicting that Lord von Lord just rolled his eyes.

If you've never done a Power Hour before (meaning, if you never went to college), then you've missed out on an efficient and somewhat organized method for getting drunk. It's binge-drinking, but on a schedule.

For the unenlightened: Power Hour is a drinking game (and I'm using the term "game" loosely), in which the participants take a shot of beer every minute, for a solid hour. Yes, that's 60 shots of beer in 60 minutes, and if you do it right (1.5-oz. shots), you'll get through roughly 7.5 beers. (Or, if you're a lightweight like me, you can do half shots, and you'll get through almost 4. Which is still respectable, but only if you're a girl.)

As for keeping track of the minutes, you have two options. One, you can keep an eye on a digital clock, and take a drink every time it changes. This tends to be somewhat tedious, and is usually an exercise in futility after the first 20 or so shots. Two (and this is the preferred method), you can obtain one of those Power Hour Remixes, which is basically a playlist (or CD) of 60 songs, with each song playing for exactly 60 seconds before changing to the next. The participants just take a shot every time a new song starts! (Ingenious.)

Now, I have heard of folks playing Power Hour with liquor before, but I wouldn't recommend it. The idea of Power Hour is to get shitfaced, not dead. (Of course, you could always take a shot of liquor every ten minutes for an hour, but that's still a lot of booze for yours truly. The other contributors to this blog would call that "Lunch Hour.")

I've also heard of the Power Fifteen, in which you take a shot of wine every minute, for 15 minutes. Seriously though, people. Who the hell shoots wine?

I'll stick to the beer, thank you very much.

And with that, I'm off to find a good 60-minute remix. It's Power Hour time!

2 comments:

  1. I can hear it already: Chumba Wumba cuts Macarena cuts to Gin & Juice cuts to Blood Hound Gang...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit, I do Power Hour every day of my life. Game on.

    ReplyDelete