8.20.2008

Welcome Back UT Students


After a long summer break UT students made their way back to class today. I'm sure they're looking forward to new instructors, hitting the books, and studying late in Hodges. Bullshit. We all know what they really want - BOOZE!! At least you'd think so. I saw a story on the news (link below) the other day that shattered my faith in today's youth. There is a national movement to lower the drinkin' age to 18, but not every college student is in favor of it. Those pussies who oppose the movement are the same ones who mess up the grading curve in class, spend their spring/fall breaks volunteering at a relief effort, and go on to become lame professionals such as CPAs, cops and tax collectors.

I'm sure this effort to lower the legal drinking age by college administrators is only to reduce the liability of underage drinking on campus, but I support their cause even if it is not entirely in the spirit of allowing our 18 year old adults the right to drink alcohol responsibly on their own merits. Leave it to those libs from Vermont to do something I agree with for once, oh well.
The first link is to the local story and the following link is to the actual organization behind the movement.

3 comments:

  1. I endorse lowering the drinking age, but I also support some sort of law that prevents them from interacting with me while they are boozing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, you don't want them cluttering up bar space acting all foolish. I think it would take a while for our kids/culture to adapt and behave decently in public. Not like ANY of us behave decently right now - public or private.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite mercurial about the whole thing. Remember not long ago I was advocating raising the legal age to 30 just to piss people off.

    ReplyDelete