9.08.2008

Monday Hangover

Whew, what a good weekend of boozing! Had a good time Friday night celebrating the birthday of our very own Lord von Lord. We met up with Tag Berauscht and his Freundin, plus another couple of friends and front loaded at my place before heading up to have some drinks at the Sunsphere Skybox. The elevator situation still needs to be addressed, but the service was better this time around and we all enjoyed our cocktails while looking over downtown and Ft. Sanders from above.

After parting ways with that group, LVL and I went to meet King Randall The Insufferable and his “queen” to have more drinks. Lord was already hammered because he had the day off work and had been drinking heavily for god knows how long, so the facial color changes of pale white, to light green, to red, to white again are of no surprise – we’ve all been there. But none of us were expecting the surprise visit of “Catfish”who joined us at the bar for many drinks. So that was nice – me, KRTI, and Catfish getting Lord all tore up (ourselves included) until I don’t remember anything.

Saturday 2 PM - that is when I got out of bed. I felt great! College football and the US Open were on TV so I plopped down on my couch and didn’t move for several hours.
I’d planned on going out for beers and a good lunch to put some final thoughts on a bar review for the blog, but that idea was squashed Friday when I was told the Crown & Goose had failed their health inspection.

One point away: Crown & Goose at 123 S. Central Street - Grade: 69
Food temperatures were a problem here. An inspector found soup at 129 degrees,
but 140 is the proper temperature for hot food. The inspector says a hand sink was blocked so kitchen workers couldn't wash their hands properly.
Now this isn’t entirely a deal-breaker for me. Some of my favorite places are rat-holes, and they didn’t even fail that bad – just one point. I mean it isn’t like “Easy” was smoking a cigarette in the server station while the general manager was raking his finger through the mashed potatoes and eating them right in front of the inspector or anything. Geesh! I’m going to reconsider this news and make a final decision about the review at a later date.


I did manage to go out for a quick bite of sushi at Nama downtown. Had a couple of beers, witnessed a group of students downing some sake-bombs, considered staying out and making a fool of myself but decided against that and went in for the night. There will be plenty more occasions to make a fool of myself with football season upon us.

Sunday was most excellent – I got some errands out of the way early so I could start drinking right at kickoff of the NFL games. After the early games I went to Tag’s where we feasted on leg of lamb for dinner with all the snacks and beer you’d normally expect.

Not to mention my team, The Bird, won its opening game and stand 1st in their division. Plus there was even more tennis – Andy Murray thwarted my prediction and defeated Rafa Nadal to make it to the final of the Open. Which, by the way I’ll be watching at 5 PM today. On top of that there are 2 more NFL games on TV tonight. So I have plenty of recreational drinking to tend to this evening, starting as soon as I get off work. Any friends of/and the authors are welcome to come by tonight if you're up for it. I really hope I don’t overdo it though – I have another friend’s birthday to celebrate tomorrow night!!

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh, not looking good for Murray. Down 2 sets and a break in the 3rd...

    ReplyDelete