9.23.2008

Product Review: Bulleit Bourbon

Kindly note that this was the very first thing we could get our hands on following the annual Fulmer Florida Fuckup...though we have consumed this somewhat recent newcomer bourbon before, this was the inaugural medicinal usage. I believe that's the reason we pitched it into Mackey's tomato plant. Saturday evening was somewhat of a blur as you may already know.

Like many of the brown liquors acquired by Seagrams over the years, Bulleit has been available in the states for about a decade. It has a prominent rye distinction and packs a solid punch at 90 proof.

Bulleit does not have a rich history like many bourbons...being discontinued for many decades; so I find the claim of being a "Frontier" whiskey to be curious. The bottle and label seem like anachronisms to the 19th century, but the flavor is quite pedestrian apart from the oaky concentration.

I'm still a Maker's man...with a little Knob Creek on the side for the most part. That still doesn't mean I won't drink this brand if I find it in your house, so best keep it away from me if you want to keep it.

2 comments:

  1. What have you done with Lord Von Lord? This can't be him, not enough profanity.

    I've read "sumbitch" so much I am using it everyday sadly

    ReplyDelete