9.05.2008

Weekend Quandary

WTF is happening this weekend? Here it is football season, week 2 and the Vols aren't scheduled for a game. Not that we need to get into a football discussion, but usually my weekends are mapped out from September - December watching the games. Sure I'll watch some other games and the US Open wrap up, but I need some other activity to coincide with my alcohol intake.

Let's take a look at some options:

Movies on the Town - Babe, The Gallant Pig. A family outing suitable for the kids! I don't think so. Not only because there won't be alcohol of any kind, but also because I don't feel like stepping around 100 piles of dog shit.

TN Valley Fair - another pass. I used to like the fair when I was 10 or so but can't think of the last time I've been to one. Do they sell beer at the concerts? I think the only concert this weekend will be the Village People, playing tonight. I've heard some people talking about going to see Loverboy but I will not be joining them. If I want to see overweight, past-their-prime, balding singers I'll look in the mirror and sing.

Lord von Lord birthday drinks - this is something I can wrap my liver around. I don't know what day exactly, but 'round here we usually take a week or so to celebrate these things. It's easier to share a drink with a buddy (or have one bought for you) if you extend the time period. Not that things will be much different than usual, except this one time a year we un-clinch our tight fists and purchase a drink for the honoree.


So not too much going on. This sounds like a great weekend to check out some bars I haven't been to in a while, or some new ones. It helps to move around and stay familiar with the bartenders around town just in case you get 86'd from your local, or you embarrass yourself so bad you can't show your face for a while. Plus there are about 10 bar reviews I've had on hold that need to be posted here, so maybe this weekend I can get some fresh perspectives and knock a few of them out.
Drink up beetches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment