9.10.2008

Random Thoughts

Last night I found out a few interesting things while having some beers downtown at the brewery.
  • Not everyone goes out for drinks on their birthday. I had been invited to come have birthday drinks at the brewery for a friend. It rained out their softball game and that apparently cancels the party. I'd think that would allow extra time for drinks and celebration at the bar with friends, but no. I can only assume there was relaxing hair-braiding for hours last night while Sarah McLachlan played softly in the background.

  • One of the authors has a puking problem. Maybe this is what he does in all his spare time while not writing for the blog. Hell, I can't think of a better topic to blog about on a drinking blog. The only place it would be a better fit is on a puking blog. Is there a "pukingknoxville" blog out there I don't know about? A note from Garth of Wayne's World: "If you're going to spew, spew in this"
  • Lortabs and IPA go together really well. Really, really well. Usually a 4 or 5 "IPA dinner" is enough to sate me for the evening, and still is. But add some pharmaceuticals to the mix and you've gots yo-self a narcotic cocktail of splendid delight! It almost makes me wish I could go to the dentist more often to rack up on these treats. I don't think the agonizing 2 hours in the dentist chair is a fair trade-off though.

5 comments:

  1. Easy now, calm yourself... Gotta save some for appropriate situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do you not allow me to blog on this website even though I will probably write better than most here since I work and live in the industry but I also provide vital information for the rest of you to write about! Yeah that's right...AWFUL! Oh and you need to share if you are going to self report about your extra curricular activities!

    -QTTB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be cool QTTB - if you sow thorns, you will not reap roses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 80's in '08 shall provide nice commentary!

    -QTTB

    ReplyDelete