9.26.2008

Weekend Options

Now that UTAD and Fat Phil have let down the Vol Nation the weekend just doesn’t appeal to me as much as it should and I’m pissed. Back when we were relevant the weekend took care of itself during football season: Friday nights were social occasions to meet up with your buddies and have some after-work drinks, make final arrangements for the game, and make it home at a decent enough time not to ruin game day with a hangover; Saturdays you tailgated (drank a lot) went to/watched the game that we won on most occasions (even against quality opponents) then you celebrated the night away; Sundays you didn’t mind the hangover so much and eased into the afternoon by watching glorious NFL football on TV.

Shit, things change. Now I have to come up with plans on my own. Tonight I’m considering hosting a Russian Dinner with a few friends. Eh comrades, eh? (Not to be confused with a Russian Sip). I have a ½ drank handle of Vikingfjord that needs to be disposed of properly, so I figure why not get a few drunks together at my place? The idea is to gather around the table with said liter of vodka, have some genial conversation, and drink shots until every drop of vodka is gone and dispose of the bottle underneath the table. I figure that should be a good start to the weekend. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment